Announcement - Scope of work BRRLN Secretariat Director
Posted on 15.11.2017 10:14:00
Statement of Work – Executive Director of BRRLN Secretariat
Closing date: November 21, 2017
The Balkans Regional Rule of Law Network (BRRLN) seeks to strengthen the rule of law in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, and Serbia, by building mechanisms for collaboration and sharing best practices, tools, and knowledge among the region’s bar associations and justice sector civil society organizations (CSOs). The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI), with bar association and CSO members, established BRRLN in 2014, and the Network was formally established as a civil society organization in January 2017. The ABA ROLI-supported program seeks to build the capacity of the BRRLN network and to empower BRRLN members to develop and advocate for solutions to continued rule of law challenges in their countries. For more information on BRRLN please see www.brrln.org.
The Director will work together with ABA ROLI to carry out the duties of the Secretariat. During the Director’s 12-month term, ABA ROLI , with its international Legal Specialist, will supervise his/her work and provide mentorship to the new Director.
This position will be based in Skopje, Macedonia, with some travel inside Macedonia and to the other countries in the network.
The Executive Director of the Secretariat shall act as the Head of the Secretariat and shall be responsible for the day-to-day business of the Secretariat, which is the
the administrative body of BRRLN and is responsible to the Governing Board. The Executive Director shall lead the Secretariat in performing the following duties:
- provide general services to the Assembly, and the Governing Board,;
- report on BRRLN’s activities at the meetings of the Governing Board;
- facilitate the election of the members of the Governing Board and produce a report on the election;
- conduct outreach with donors and engage in fundraising, including drafting grant proposals, for BRRLN;
- draft financial and activity reports for donors, as required;
- work with Network members to draft a strategic plan and sustainability plan for BRRLN;
- accept proposals for projects or other activities from BRRLN members to be undertaken by the Network;
- establish, maintain and develop communication with member organizations and other rule of law stakeholders in the region;
- support and promote connections and communication between BRRLN members;
- coordinate BRRLN program and project activities, including the supervision of any implementing partners or subgrantees and BRRLN working groups (see BRRLN website for detailed information on working groups http://www.brrln.org/http/record.php?id=12&mv=33 );
- develop and maintain the BRRLN website;
- sign contracts with donors or partners on behalf of BRRLN; and
- perform any other tasks determined by the Governing Board.
- University Degree in Law required. Master’s Degree in law degree preferred.
- Experience working as a licensed lawyer required.
- In-depth knowledge of the Macedonian legal, legislative and judicial systems, policies and practices. Some knowledge of systems of other Balkan countries in the Network.
- Proven ability to work with governmental and judicial officials at different levels, and with civil society.
- Knowledge of fundraising activities and project proposal writing is preferred.
- Strategic planning, organizational management, and project design and management skills are preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and consensus building skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Strong leadership and teambuilding skills.
- Fluency in English and Macedonian (speaking, reading, and writing) is required. Knowledge of Serbian and/or Albanian is preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint is required.
NOTE: The Director position will be for a period of 12 months and may be extended. Gross salary envisioned: $2.000.
If you are interested in the position please sent us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than November 21, 2017. The selected top candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Posting is allowed only to logged in members. Please register for free, and log in